CROWD FUNDED SELF-PUBLISHING
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people. Crowdfunding is a form of crowd sourcing and of alternative finance. In 2015, it was estimated that worldwide over US$34 billion was raised this way.
Crowdfunding has been used to fund a wide range for-profit entrepreneurial ventures, artistic and creative projects; and not-for-profit or community-oriented social entrepreneurship projects. Musicians, filmmakers, and artists have successfully raised funds and fostered awareness through crowdfunding. (Source:Wikipedia)
Although the concept can also be executed through mail-order subscriptions, benefit events, and other methods, it is now often performed via Internet-mediated registries. This modern crowdfunding model is generally based on three types of actors: the project initiator who proposes the idea and/or project to be funded, individuals or groups who support the idea, and a moderating organization (the “platform“) that brings the parties together to launch the idea.
MFB is intended to be such a platformof aspiring authors who wish to self-publish their first creation. To ease the process we have further simplified the steps and made it more co-operative.
MFB thus evolved as an collaborative membership driven platform which will work on the following framework / steps:
- All aspiring authors who are ready or planning to self-publish their project (book) will join hands and co-create a community with multiple options (i.e. General, Professional and Premium Professional membership categories)
- Each will contribute a fixed monthly membership fee, based on their preferred options/category.
- The minimum period to get entitled to publish a book or get the membership benefits is 1 year.
- After 10th month the team will start processing their book (pre-press, cover designing, copy editing and printing, uploading content followed by pre-launch/marketing at suitable online / offline platforms based on membership categories)
- The platform will provide all relevant support and services as per membership categories and help the writer to focus on their project/creation and rest all printing/publishing/distribution/marketing complexities will be taken care by MFB professional team.
- The members will get discounted services (co-operative basis) and experienced professional support services at almost no-cost or on cost-to-cost basis.
- Collective energy will help the members to interact, interlink and inspire co-creation and thus all will be getting benefits from collective wisdom.
- The organic growth and social networking will help all to reach higher level of audience and flourish in their respective fields.
- Senior professionals and experienced (retired) wise generation will get due recognition, respect and rewards for their selfless support and servicesto new-comers i.e. the new generation of self-publishing authors
Let’s start connecting the dots (individuals) and co-create a self-sustaining Community of Self-Publishing Aspiring Authors.
Check the MFB Membership Categories and MFB Membership Fee